WORSHIPPING AT CHRIST COMMUNITY CHURCH
UPDATED DECEMBER 4, 2020
Here is some helpful information if you plan to join us in-person on Sunday mornings.
- Our worship services begin at 10:15am on Sunday mornings
- Sunday morning early prayer has resumed in the sanctuary at 8:30am on Sundays.
- Adult Sunday School classes are meeting at 9am on Sunday mornings. (Children’s Sunday School, toddler, and nursery ministries have not yet resumed.)
- Arriving at the Church:
- The doors of the church open at 8:30am to begin to receive congregation members.
- We are using only two of our entrances for entering and exiting the church building.
- Individuals and families are welcomed to enter through either the Education Wing Entrance or the Main Entrance. The gym wing entrances are closed.
- There are signs outside of the church to direct you on where to enter.
- Please prepare to leave yourself and your family some extra time to transition from your car to the worship service. Each family will have to pass through a screening checkpoint as they enter the church building.
- The screening checkpoint includes a list of health symptoms for you to read. We would ask that any who are actively sick or who are manifesting symptoms associated with illness to join us online for worship.
- In order for us to regather, Minister Josh had to sign a “Business Affirmation” with the State of New York that affirms that we are requiring all state social distancing and health guidelines to be followed at our events. Therefore, in accordance with the state requirements, we are politely requiring the use of facemasks (mouth and nose coverings) for each family member above the age of 2 throughout the church building. We are asking that you wear a face covering at all times while within the church facilities.
- During the Worship Service:
- As you enter the sanctuary, an usher will assist you in finding a seat.
- We ask that all individuals above the age of 2 wear a face-covering throughout the worship service.
- Parents, please be prepared to keep your children with you throughout the time that your family is inside the church facilities. We are not offering nursery care or children’s church during this time, and, due to social distancing requirements, it is important that children not be allowed to roam.
- Parents, please be sure to bring quiet activities for your children (activity bags will not be available).
- We will still gather for family prayer during the worship service, but you will be encouraged to kneel at your seats instead of gathering at the altars.
- Worship Folders will continue to be available electronically through email and through the church website (cccsyracuse.com) but will not be handed out during the service.
- You will be welcomed to place your offering in an offering plate at the exits of the sanctuary as you depart.
- Once the service has concluded, the congregation will be dismissed by row. After leaving the sanctuary, we would ask that you proceed immediately to the exits and save any socializing or fellowshipping for outside of the building.
- Additional Items:
- In the case that you or a family member forgets to bring a face covering, we will have some extra face coverings available at our entrances.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at multiple locations throughout the church building.
These are unprecedented days for all of us, and we are overwhelmingly grateful for the ways in which our people are continuing to participate in worship and discipleship during these last months. Thank you for your continued financial support, as well. Thank you for the trust you continue to demonstrate in our community, and thank you for your prayers and your partnership!
23 Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who has promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.Hebrews 10:23-25, NRSV
Our weekly schedule continues to be as follows:
Sunday morning prayer in the sanctuary at 8:30am
Adult Sunday School classes at 9:00am
Sunday morning worship at 10:15am over FB LIVE
Tuesday morning prayer time over audio conference at 11:15am
Minister Joe & Michelle Zurn are hosting a prayer-time audio conference every Tuesday morning at 11:15am. If you are interested in participating, please contact either Minister Joe or Michelle for the number to call and instructions on how to connect.
Wednesday Introduction to Hebrew Language and Culture class with Minister Josh (entirely virtual)
Minister Josh is providing video-format lessons introducing us to Biblical Hebrew and Hebrew culture. The videos air at 7pm on Wednesdays on the Christ Community Church Facebook page. They are also available on Minister Josh’s YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/jthomasjohnson) beginning at 8pm on Wednesdays.
Thursday Genesis Discussion with Ministers Joe and Josh
Every Thursday at 4pm Ministers Joe & Josh air the next episode of their video discussions through Genesis. The videos air on the Christ Community Church Facebook page, but they are also available on Minister Josh’s YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/jthomasjohnson) beginning at 6pm on Thursdays.
We would encourage you to become routine in checking your email during this time of isolation, and continue to check our various online venues for updated content and opportunities. If you are not yet part of our church email list, please contact the church office and ask to be added to our mailings.
And again, here are the online resources for our church and ministerial staff, through which we encourage you to engage during this season:
- Church Website: cccsyracuse.com
- Church Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/cccnazsyracuse/
- Church Facebook Discussion Group: www.facebook.com/groups/cccncommunity
- Church Podcast: cccnaz.podbean.com
- Minister Josh’s Website: shadowofthecross.org
- Minister Josh’s YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/jthomasjohnson/
- Minister Josh’s Podcast: wayoflife.podbean.com
May the Lord keep you in your going out and your coming in during these days. Jesus is Lord, and Jesus is coming!
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, 2 looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God.Hebrews 12:1-2, NRSV