CHRIST COMMUNITY CHURCH SCHEDULE THROUGH APRIL 30TH
Until the social distancing protocols are lifted, our weekly schedule will be as follows. All other normal gatherings will be suspended until we hear otherwise from our governing authorities. But, here is our schedule going forward:
We will continue to Worship together on Sunday mornings at 10:15am on Facebook Live.
- At 10:15am, The Schuessler Family will lead a few worship songs.
- At 10:45am, Minister Josh will go live with the day’s sermon.
- These will be two separate live sessions, so you will need to move from one to the other.
Tuesday morning prayer time over audio conference
Minister Joe & Michelle Zurn are hosting a prayer-time audio conference every Tuesday morning at 11:15am. If you are interested in participating, please contact either Minister Joe or Michelle for the number to call and instructions on how to connect.
Wednesday Bible Study with Minister Josh will continue through Zoom conferencing.
If you have been participating in our study through Hebrews, or you’d like to begin participating, there is opportunity for you to do that over video or audio. A weekly invitation will be sent out on Wednesdays through the church email.
- The Zoom Conference will begin at 6:30pm on Wednesday evenings.
- You will receive an invitation to the conference through your email during the day each Wednesday.
- You can participate over audio by simply calling in on your phone to the number provided in the invitation you receive.
- You can participate over video by clicking on the link in the invitation. For the video component you will need an active internet connection and an internet connected device with a video camera. This device can be a computer, a smart phone, or a tablet.
Join Don & Devin on FaceBook Live from their Living Room for a Mid-Week Worship/Hymn sing. Request your favorite Hymn/Worship songs. An evening of seeking the Lord through Song and Scripture.
We would encourage you to become routine in checking your email during this time of isolation, and continue to check our various online venues for updated content and opportunities. If you are not yet part of our church email list, please contact the church office and ask to be added to our mailings.
Here are a few encouragements from your ministerial staff during this season:
- We continue to encourage you to participate in our family challenge to read through the Gospel of Luke and the Book of Acts during this time. Please contact Minister Joe, if you’d like to participate in that through the use of the YouVersion Bible app.
- Minister Joe is setting a challenge to our congregation to begin to meet weekly in small groups over Skype, Facetime, or audio for prayer during this season. There is no need to do this through the church. But, if you would like more information about this initiative, please contact Minister Joe either directly, through email, or through the church office.
- We encourage all our people to check in regularly with the other members of our congregation, particularly those who live alone or who have limited access to family.
- If you require ministerial care during this time, the church office will be closed to drop-in visitors, but the office phones and office email account are both being monitored. You are also welcomed to communicate with Minister Josh or Minister Joe directly.
And again, here are the online resources for our church and ministerial staff, through which we encourage you to engage during this season:
- Church Website: cccsyracuse.com
- Church Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/cccnazsyracuse/
- Church Facebook Discussion Group: www.facebook.com/groups/cccncommunity
- Church Podcast: cccnaz.podbean.com
- Minister Josh’s Website: shadowofthecross.org
- Minister Josh’s YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/jthomasjohnson/
- Minister Josh’s Podcast: wayoflife.podbean.com
May the Lord keep you in your going out and your coming in during these days. Jesus is Lord, and Jesus is coming!
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, 2 looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God.Hebrews 12:1-2, NRSV